Sunday, July 11, 2010

Do you have a spare 5 and a half minutes?

My talented husband put this video together from our road trip last year in America. This was the middle part of our trip from Vegas to Colorado. I feel a bit bad for telling him off at the time for not having enough "people" shots.

I'm like my mum when it comes to photos and videos... people only like to look back on the ones with faces in them so you can laugh at "that haircut" or "those pants"... and your kids can look and say - woah check dad out with long hair and a beard! and mum, your hair was white and short, what the hell?! yes kids... we were young once...

So... with this "people in photos rule" in mind, I was becoming increasingly annoyed as the road trip went on saying "who the hell is going to want to watch a video of the road...boo-rrinnnnng..." , and thinking of our poor family and friends who would be forced to sit and watch this.

So I started sabotaging his panning shots by running through them. Yes, I am a dork. Without the soundtrack you would hear the same phrase many times "get out of my shot, you're ruining it".

So this is a public apology to my husband, the artist, for not trusting in his vision - which I personally think is awesome! I can watch this video on repeat, it captures so much from the drive and I get to re-live it all over again.

The scenery changed so frequently, as you can see in the video... and the roads were so straight, you could pull over and run down the middle of the highway without worrying about oncoming cars... you could see them... ten minutes away!

So without any further ramblings... here is the video. (you need sound and I suggest you make it full screen)

3 comments:

  1. I love this Vic. Laban is indeed super clever. It makes me miss California. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! (hey is there sound?) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes....crank the sound sarah...;)

    ReplyDelete