Monday, January 23, 2012

Easy Hair Up 101

I've been trying to come up with ways to disguise my "needs to be washed" hair. I find on about day 3 my hair isn't looking the sharpest, but I don't want to wash, dry and torture my hair, or waste valuable morning sleep time.

I came across this quite some time ago and didn't think it looked like me. The other day I tried it. I saw an elasticated headband on my dresser and remembered the little video I'd seen.

I was amazed at how easy this hairstyle was to do! This is going to be great when I'm feeling large, tired and unattractive, because I'll feel and look like I've made an effort. It literally takes under a minute and works best if you hair has a slight wave (or some two day old curls) and is on the verge of requiring a wash.

I had my hair in this twist in the photo I posted yesterday. That was after a whole day at the office, a dental appointment and then not even adjusted for a sunset photo. Two bobby pins to hold the band in place just behind my ears.... easy peasy. If it starts to come loose you can just twist it tighter again.

My awesome, honest  friend thought I was channelling Mrs Doubtfire. Hah! JUST what I was going for! I even had a cardigan on, so double channelling the old lady man nanny. My Mother-in-Law thought it looked quite nice, channelling 1940's style, and my mum thought it looked pretty. So mixed verdicts, but for a 30 second no fuss up do, I think I'll continue with it every so often.

and now the video...

Courtesy of the Beauty Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment