Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Stick of Life

I mentioned the other day on my facebook link that there would be some changes around here and the blog would be resurrected again,  and I know there are some loyal followers out there who've been refreshing their browser for the past few weeks wondering where I've disappeared to.

Well, mostly I've been enjoying Christmas, New Years and pondering my new directions for 2012.

You see things took a little turn in November last year, right after my birthday. Unbeknown to me, I had one more little birthday surprise waiting to be unwrapped....which I discovered at about 6.30pm on a Friday night, right after peeing on a magic little stick.  I can't actually explain in words what went through my head at the moment two very visible lines revealed themselves...my life just changed.

We're having a baby...

So although I've been rather fortunate so far with this pregnancy not to be hanging over a toilet bowl, I have been taking time out to rest, rather than blog and let the little baby grow... in between celebrating Christmas with our families and New Years holidays with our friends, oh and photograph some beautiful weddings, babies and pregnant bellies.

So... needless to say, IFLY will feature a little bit more of this wee baby as it grows, spins, jumps, punches and kicks it's way through the next 6 months.

I hope you enjoy sharing some of this journey with me.

Here's a 'hint of a belly' shot tonight at sunset. I may or may not be just really bloated after eating hot chips :)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Victoria, I'm a friend of Gretchen's and love stopping by to check out your blog! Love your pictures you always inspire me with your perspective and style. A HUGE congratulations on the pregnancy - such an awesome journey and has been so much more fun than I could have ever imagined! Now I'm eagerly awaiting the creativity that I know you'll bring to the nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are so excited about this little Lenny lump. I'm trying to keep the blog updated as much as possible... so hopefully you can follow along this journey :)
      Nursery.... don't even get me started! Thanks again and thanks for reading the blog, despite my lack of updates!

      Delete