Monday, August 9, 2010

detours

Tonight the traffic was annoying me... so I made a spontaneous decision to take a detour.

I started by going to the petrol station and getting a car wash. I purchased a NW magazine and a small bag of cashews. I ate my cashews and read pointless, enjoyable crap about people I don't know while the machine washed my car.

I then continued on my journey home. After about 15 minutes I came to the same intersection I come to every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I decided to take a detour and drive the back roads home, where there would be less cars and I would have more opportunity to use my full beams. I love full beams, I can see more and it makes me feel safer.

A few minutes later, I realised I was lost. But it was ok, because there were no other cars on the road and I could drive with my full beams on. I was listening to The Breeze and singing really loudly to an Elton John song... I forgot I was lost...

Out of nowhere a car came towards me and I panicked and forgot which side the light controller was located (new car) and turned my right indicator on.

I ended up full beaming the on coming car. So rude. I hate it when people do that to me. Sorry oncoming car. Also sorry for confusing you with the indicating.

Finally I arrived at an intersection I was familiar with and knew I was nearly home.


Overall the detour started out well. I liked the spontaneity. But when I got lost it wasn't so fun. Also it was raining a lot so that defeated the car wash and I got home about 15 minutes later than usual. So overall I wish I had just gone the normal way home.

I don't think I'll detour for a while.

This could be a really good metaphor for life.

Yours maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm I wonder who you inhherited this awesome sense of direction from........
    or hitting random switches and dazzling drivers....????????

    ReplyDelete