Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little window of happiness

It can come in handy when you have a house guest who builds things for a living. I casually mentioned how I would like to breathe new life into the window seat downstairs so we can lie on it in the summer and read books and he said OK.

It is the best sun trap in summer for cat naps and reading and lazing about...totally untapped potential.

So now that I am posting about it here he actually has to do it. Not that I'm pushy... but basically now he knows my readers want to see the before and after shots of this project... so the pressure is on!

The materials are set and my weekend is free from photo shoots and errands (apart from one) I need to find the perfect fabric fro covering the window seat... I have already sourced some inspiration.




I have some wall painting to do.. and a few things to rearrange and buy to complete the room which doubles as Mr D's workspace, my soon to be workspace (so we can work alongside each other and I can annoy him) and houses the fold out couch/extra guest room come summer.

Inspired here by the contrasting front (white) with moulding detail.. too much?



Needless to say it could be referred to as the Multipurpose Room. It is one of the largest rooms in the house and most under utilised. All of that is set to change.

The curtains go over the window area, so this is something I could do in this room - would need longer draping curtains... $$$


Do you think it's completely pushing it if I asked to have storage under the bench seat? you can be honest... just for maybe some spare blankets for when guests stay? The window area is old and partial to a bit of rot/dampness, so I would have to make sure it is pretty dry in there to prevent musty blankets. yuk.

*Update : after some discussions the other night we are now debating relocating the slider doors from upstairs into the downstairs room and then install some nice bi fold/stacker glass doors across the front of the house and maximise those panoramic west coast sea views....

So now we have to decide/measure/cost these options and weigh it all up... boring.... But I think it is important to explore all options before rushing on in there.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment