Saturday, September 25, 2010

refrigerated bribery

A few posts back I mentioned my new found ability to refrigerate things.

There has been a long standing joke around the office about a particular recipe for a refrigerated cake. I found a recipe and printed it and asked my colleague (nicely) to please make it for us and kindly placed the copy of the recipe on her desk.

A few months later, no cake had arrived for morning tea... we had many muffins and treats... but no cake. Probably because everyone had been working so hard to meet budget...

Being the little red hen that I am, I took it upon myself to make attempt it, after all it is a refrigeration only cake... right up my alley... to thank everyone for working so hard.

So this is the outcome.




The berries are still frozen as I threw them on right before I ran out of the door to work... and in my scattered morning brain I somehow reasoned that the frozen berries would keep the cake chilled during the 30 minute drive. I was a wee bit worried about the cake getting warm and loosing it's shape.

It was yummer than it looks I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment