Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Boys can bake

I knew he could cook, but I didn't know he could bake!

When he suggested baking a birthday cake for his brother I was sceptical. Did he want me to make a cake? Surely he knew I couldn't bake.. surely he was there to witness the hokey pokey choking cookie disaster? We spent the weekend at a friend's farm and she made a delicious carrot cake, which I'm sure was the basis of his motivation.

It turns out he was quite aware of my lack of baking ability, and was willing to take matters into his own hands. I landed the role as his assistant , which basically means I follow him around the kitchen washing used bowls, stacking the dishwasher, putting ingredients away and wiping surfaces. I was a great assistant.

So apart from the fact that he forgot carrot cake was his brother's most hated cake, it was a huge success. Fortunately his mum had whipped up a delicious pavlova, so he still had some cake to celebrate. 

And now for the evidence.








Part of me almost wanted the cake to be a disaster so I could go "See! It's not as easy as you'd think".. but, he proved me wrong. Some people can bake. He has inherited the baking gene from his mother, who is a fantastic baker.

I'd like to point out that I made the vanilla bean and cream cheese frosting. Thank you, yes it was amazing. 


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment