Thursday, October 20, 2011

Confessions of a striped sheet addict

I can't help myself. I love striped sheets.

So when I received an email saying "homeware sale" and caught a glimpse of the striped sheets on offer, I couldn't help myself. I already owned one set of the sheets in a preppy blue and white stripe, so I knew they were pretty decent quality for the price, and at $45 for a set of 100% cotton queen sized sheets, in striped grey and white, well, that's what I refer to as a 'no brainer'.

Today my striped sheet collection welcomes a new member to the family. Flannelette sheet season is nearing the end, so these sheets arrived just in time for the summer months to come.

Poor photo - and upside down, but you get the idea. Grey and white striped sheets.

I also threw this herringbone throw into the basket (don't you love online shopping)... , it looked soft, and thanks to my mother, I have a thing about cosy blankets on couches. At $20 on sale it was an easy purchase, so I now have a taupe and white thruuuuuu for the coooooch.


Some inspirational images to give any other striped linen addicts their fix...







2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog while trying to google grey and white striped sheets. Where are the one's you purchased from?

    I love the West Elm ones, they're the perfect color...but I'm afraid I'm a thread count snob and 200 for them just isn't going to fly. I'm looking for alternatives! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased them originally from ezibuy.co.nz. They aren't the best quality in the world, but they wash well and feel fresh. They don't have the white and grey stripe at the moment unfortunately...I'm waiting for them to bring in some new ones.
    Just a note if you do buy from them - I just ordered a King set of striped sheets(blue & white), I line dried them and did a cold wash and for some reason they don't fit my bed properly - too small! so I'll be going Super King when the grey and white ones return :)
    Happy sheet shopping!

    ReplyDelete