Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Time Out

Very close friends of ours were back on home soil for a weekend and suggested we get away to their bach up north for the weekend. Ummmm. OK!
I've spent a fair bit of time working recently, so it was nice to take a full day together to go on a little road trip - just me and the bear for the day!

We took off in the morning. Made a quick stop so I could get some new shoes. Essential. But in the process he lost one of his shoes. Annoying. We headed on our way up North in the rain, singing songs and Arthur did a lot of clapping and not too much napping, but that was ok, he was in good spirits.

We stopped off half way to get some groceries for the weekend. He charmed everyone in the supermarket as we cruised the aisles, and I felt guilty about having bottles of wine in my trolley at midday.  I needed a sign on my back "please don't judge me, these are weekend supplies..." Then again, every second person in this shop had a few bottles in their trolley and being judged is just part of the parcel in this parenting gig... so I didn't feel too bad.

I had spotted a great park and playground as we were pulling into the supermarket, and decided we would have a picnic there. By the time we left the shop it was raining. Typical. So we ate our lunch in the car together. He had to 'suck' his lunch out of a pouch because I forgot spoons and wasn't about to do 'finger food' in the front seat. He still enjoyed it, because he knew it was special. The FRONT seat... SO exciting!

We headed on our way and got to our destination that afternoon. It was just the two of us. No TV, no computer, just us. Peace and quiet! It was bliss. I lit the fire while it poured with rain outside and we played with his toys and sang songs. It made up for all of the time I didn't spend with him during the week while I was working. I felt the stress melt away, and was able to focus solely on him for a good few hours. He went off to bed at around 7 and I made dinner, poured a glass of wine and read a magazine by the fire.

What a fun weekend! Good friends all back together again for a weekend away. It's funny to be bathing your baby in the supertub and remembering past liquored nights at that bach pre children days. Not to say some didn't continue the tradition... just not me. When your day starts at 6.30/7am without fail, 7 days a week, you learn that a hangover just doesn't fit into the equation. I've learnt that lesson!

Anyways - just recapping really on a great relaxing weekend with my awesome little family and great friends.


 Climbing. Standing. Moving. He's all about it. 

 I think that's a definite 'selfie' face right there. So awkward. But I do try to be in the photos sometimes with Arthur as he might be interested in what we looked like when he was a baby. 


 I spy little teeth! 
 Centre of attention. 
 Getting good use of the winter woolies made by his Grandma. 
It's always a bit of an effort to pack up the car and relocate for a night or two - but worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment