Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Zucchini Fritters

Since we're on the subject of finger food - here's another one that went down a treat here.
You can just use all zucchini (courgette) or you can sub out one zucchini for a carrot like I did as I only had one zucchini left.

Super quick and easy to make. Nice to eat for yourself too as a snack. When I wrote the method earlier, I forgot to point out that I steamed the grated vegetables beforehand for about 2 minutes. It's totally optional, you'd be fine not to, but it just softened the carrot up nicely.

Pop the leftover fritters in the fridge or freeze them in little snack bags in the freezer. They are great hot or cold. I served them with mashed potato the other night for dinner. We spoon fed him the potato... I don't know about you, but I don't eat mashed potato with my hands... and don't want to encourage my child to do so either.

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment