Monday, May 20, 2013

Arthur had a little lamb...

Tonight we tried Lamb.
It was a HIT.

From memory.... here is what I did to make this meal (in about 15 minutes).

INGREDIENTS
1 courgette (zucchini)
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 shallot
1 small lamb strip
Unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/4 cup couscous
1 teaspoon sour cream

Steamed a diced courgette and some chopped up fresh spinach. (steam courgette first, then add spinach)
Sauteed some diced shallot in unsalted butter. Added in a small about of finely diced lamb (I got some lamb back strap which was nice and lean). Once the lamb was cooked I added the steamed vegetables to the pan with a 1/4 cup of water and a teaspoon of paprika. I simmered the whole dish for a few minutes until tender.
Add 1/4 cup of couscous to just over a 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and let sit for 4-5 minutes until fluffy.

I mixed the lamb and vegetables into the couscous and stirred through 1 teaspoon of sour cream.

It was delicious. He cried when it ran out. It actually made two meals but I didn't tell him that. I gave him some fruit to finish up and saved the second meal for lunch tomorrow. I know... I'm mean.

This was fresh, quick, tasty and easy.

On a side note; tonight I was doing the sign for 'more' and every time I did it he cracked up laughing... hmmm... not sure if this baby signing stuff will catch on.


No comments:

Post a Comment