Saturday, August 6, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Last week it was my turn to host the dinner club. I say it was my turn, but really it's whoever can bring themselves to find enough chairs and set up a dinner for around 15 people on a weeknight.

The weather has been so stormy recently, we decided a winter theme would work best. Stews, casseroles, sticky date puddings and roast vegetables were among the mix of dishes people created. YUM!

As always, I don't tend to take too many pictures as I'm always busy eating and chatting away, but you get the idea of the setup. It was pretty close to Mr D's birthday, so the dinner become a little bit of a birthday celebration. I wish I had a photo of the scrummy birthday cake Laura made. We ate it all... before I thought to get the camera. Woops.


Hosting dinner club is always worth it, to have all of your local friends gather around and eat, laugh, eat, laugh and make a mess.


I'm still yet to post the dinner previous to this one... Man Vs. Wild. Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment