Thursday, September 15, 2011

Confessions of a Hair Addict

Like many females, I like to change my hair... alot. My family and friends have witnessed several hair overhauls throughout the years. Without going into too much detail, lets just say I've done the blonde, the dark, the awkward ginge in between, short, long, the pixie cut, the rachel cut, the fringe, the bob... so many.

I'm now at the long blonde stage again, satisfied that I have tried every style and colour I've ever wanted to try. My hair adventure days are over. I am back to my normal long blonde style.

Given my addiction to hair changes, and more recently, hair care (as I'm growing it) I have a growing collection of products, some amazing, some O.K, some not so amazing. I have quite fine hair which is neither straight or curly, it's that awkward, in between frizzy style. It is colour treated with blonde, so tends to be dry on the ends. These are products that work for my hair type - so won't be the same for everyone.

I want to point out some that I'm really liking right now. I won't go through all of them as it would be a REALLY long blog post.


Sebastian Volupt Spray
My hairdresser used this last time I was there for a treatment and blow wave. It really gives my hair volume and bounce without feeling product heavy or stiff. I can't do my hair like they do at the salon, but I just spray this on the roots and blow wave up while my hair is still damp. It works!
Sometimes I spray it in the roots on dry hair and put velcro rollers in, then whip over with the hairdryer for added volume on those flat hair days.





 
This is AMAZING. I used moroccan oil for a few years which was nice, but made my hair a bit dull after a day or so ( I don't wash my hair everyday). I was about to buy another bottle of morrocan oil, and then spied this stuff. This has heat protection qualities to it which is what I need. I put it in my hair damp, blow dried it off roughly and then ran my GHDs quickly through and created some curls.  I took a smidge more oil and ran it through my finished hair breaking up the curls. The product was not cheap, but it will last for a really long time. You only need a tiny tiny amount.



 Kerastase Fondant Nutri Thermique Conditioner
 I have only just purchased this conditioner. This may be contributing to the softness of my hair as well. I haven't used the 'Young Again' and 'Kerastase' independently of each other yet, so I'm not sure of their individual effect.
This conditioner was really creamy, but light. It washed out easily, even with my low water pressure. The conditioner also has heat protection qualities, so again, just what my hair needs.








Note: I have not been paid or reimbursed in any way, shape or form to review these products. (I wish!) They are my own personal experience with using the products and results will differ depending on your hair type and condition.


1 comment:

  1. Redken Anti-Snap also a good hair staple :)

    http://www.redken.com/products/haircare/extreme/extreme-anti-snap

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete