Monday, September 5, 2011

The Love Game

Mr D. takes the lead in the romantic race...

We had one of those situations where someone offered us something, and it was too cheap to ignore, but too cheap to accept...agonising over whether it was a scam, going backwards and forwards about how it would be possible to offer those prices.  "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" rung loudly through our heads...  so we listened.  We were right, it was a scam.

Sitting on the couch, Friday night, we were discussing the scam and the lengths people will go to make a few hundred dollars these days.

Me: Well, you know what they say... If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. And again, the old saying proved true, again. It was always too good to be true, so we were right to stay out of it. 
Mr D. That's not always right you know.
Me: What isn't right?
Mr D. That saying, about things being too good to be true
Me: Why?
Mr D. Because I thought you were too good to be true... and ...you were true.
Me: ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Mr D.*High Fives.

I should have totally seen that one coming and claimed it myself. Easy points. In hindsight it meant alot more coming from him even if he did kill it slightly afterwards with the high five, as in "YEAH I got that one, I win..."

I had mixed emotions of being so loved yet defeated at the same time.

I like to have images on all of my posts, as words are so boring on a computer screen. Sorry, this was all I could find that was appropriate. A bit of scam, a bit of cute love and a bit of defeat.... it seems to fit the brief.

Source: hahastop.com via Lou on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment