Saturday, November 5, 2011

High Tea Sunday

I sit here typing this with a very full stomach...

Some friends and I went along to Cornwall Park today for a high tea to celebrate our friend's birthday. Despite the gloom outdoors, it was a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon, eating treats, sipping on hot cups of tea and enjoying a glass of bubbles.

I chose a lovely pot of caramel and vanilla flavoured tea, which went well with all of the treats served, including lemon meringue tarts, scones with jam and cream, mini madeleines and a range of sandwiches and bite sized savouries. Delish! Hence the VERY full stomach...


Until today I'd never experienced a high tea, and after this one today, I'll definitely be going again. It's such a nice, relaxing way to spend an afternoon with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment