Monday, October 22, 2012

10 weeks

We're nearly at 11 weeks... which is nearly 12 weeks...which is 3 months! That came about pretty quickly! I'm already forgetting those early days and finding myself going "that's right... remember how we rocked that basinette for two hours that night to get him to sleep?"

Where are we at 10 weeks and a bit?... I still stare at this little bundle in awe. I just want to eat him he is so scrummy. I have those "my kid is the most beautiful baby in the world" eyes going on.

He has discovered an ability to blow spit bubbles and actually squeals with delight now which is pretty cute to watch and is really starting to look at things, like his books and react to what is happening around him. Incy wincy spider is a big hit around here and I may have sung it 20 times on repeat this morning to get him to nap, but I don't mind, because watching him nod off into sleepy land is pretty sweet (when he isn't screaming). Seriously though, when a baby FINALLY closes their eyes you want to do a victory dance.

He got his first mozzie bites this weekend when we stayed at the beach. 5 of them on his head. Naughty mozzies! They look so angry and red, but don't seem to be bothering him.

Last week he worked out how to fall asleep on his own! Hallelujah! Three sleeps in a row he just lay there babbling, then staring at the wall, then closing his eyes and nodding off peacefully. I think I nearly high-fived myself I was so excited. Then he forgot again... and needed SHHHHHHHHHing, and lots of it. Now some naps are self settled, and some are very very very labour intensive (hence 20 repeats of incy wincy). The naps where he goes down super overtired are always the hardest. He's awesome at going straight back to sleep after night time feeds, and to be honest that's more important to me than self settling for day sleeps. To be able to feed for 10-20 mins and then crawl back into bed with a sleeping, contented baby is awesome.

OK enough about sleep because I'm fast becoming one of those mums who just talks about sleep... and her baby... and sleep.... and it REALLY bores people. Sorry! I said I wouldn't become that person...but look at me go!


Tommy the turtle has been with him since the day he was born. Mum said this shot isn't so flattering and his face looks chub. Hah. Mean Grandma! His chub is delicious. 


My little dude... 


Tummy time attitude. Yeah... I got this mum. 

This little guy is about to get his first ever ski suit and goggles all ready to take on Canada. CUTE! Baby ski suits are ridiculously cute. I'll be taking LOTS of pictures, don't worry. 







No comments:

Post a Comment