Saturday, October 6, 2012

Time for an update...

Where is the time going? This little guy is 8 weeks, going on 9... and he is changing so quickly. Some days when he wakes up in the morning I swear he looks different, literally changing in his sleep.

So at 8 weeks, what's happening?...

He decided he wasn't quite ready to sleep through the night (he teased us with a few nights of only needing one feed..) and now wants two again. I offered him a dream feed again seeing if that would carry him through a bit longer, but it made no difference.. to him that was just a bonus feed.
He is getting better at the napping game, and I'm getting better at reading his signals. This guy is super social and loves getting out and about. Most of the time he is the best baby... when he has melt downs and sleep issues I think it's more to do with us carting him about and letting him get waaaaaaaaay overtired.

Ok enough about sleep - I talk about it way too much.

He LOVES his tummy time, gets right up there, lifting up his chest and chatting away like "look at me, look at me" it is the cutest thing EVER! Yesterday he also finally worked out how to flip from his tummy to his back. We saw him trying the other day... and it's like he had a rethink over night and woke up the next morning going... I got this! and he got it... 6 times in a row... {proud parent}

He has found his voice... In the mornings we prop him up on our knees in bed and he chats away in his husky little man voice... giggling to himself. We don't know WHAT goes on during the night, but come morning he has a lot to say about it.

He has discovered Mack the Moose on the wall in his room. When I'm changing him he turns towards Mack on the wall and chats away to him. I went over and patted Mack on the nose the other day and Art just lit up with ear to ear smiles and started squealing, apparently it was the most exciting thing. He talks to him sometimes when I go in and get him out of bed. Like he's saying "I've finished sleeping now Mack, but I'll see you soon"

I think things are going pretty well to be honest. I feel absolutely in love and fulfilled. I love my little family and just adore watching every little thing this guy does. I had no idea I'd feel this way. I actually miss him while he sleeps. {can you tell we're had a good week?}

He wakes! Time for smiles and cuddles.
















No comments:

Post a Comment