Friday, October 19, 2012

My baby must haves...

Amongst the mountain of baby stuff we have received and purchased, there have been a few things that have come in very handy since Art was born, and I thought I'd create  a little list of those things for other expectant mums to maybe consider adding to their shopping carts...

I guess they could be considered my must haves?

Aden & Anais Wraps
These are extra large muslin wraps and worth the money! I got the above print 'Liam the Brave' as they are unisex and will last for my future babies, be them boys or girls. I used these to swaddle before moving to the swaddle bag. They make good spill cloths, sheets in his basinette, a light cover in the pram or a nice ground cover for some tummy time. They have so many uses. They wash up beautifully and dry in no time at all. Love them! I was lucky to receive two more A&A wraps from a friend at my baby shower... note to other readers - a REALLY nice gift for mums to be! 

Love To Swaddle Bags

Art has always been a hand sucker since birth, so swaddling him was hard. He spent more time wriggling out of the wrap than sleeping in those early days! I tried one arm swaddling techniques and everything. Then one night I zipped him into the 'Love to Swaddle' bag that my friend Hanna lent me. He slept... like a baby? I got about a 3 hour nap on the first go! 
He outgrew the small, so we invested in two medium bags. He knows when he's getting zipped in that it's sleeping time! These were about $35 each but WORTH IT! He loves being able to still suck his hands (the bags get pretty worn in the hand area!) and he stays a nice temperature. 

Toshi Muslins

My sister gave me a Toshi wrap in the print below. This follows us everywhere, it is practical and cute and the perfect weight for so many things, as well as a nice big size. My cousin's wife sent me another one in the mail the other day. They appear to be widely available in Australia, but not so much here. She gave us a cute one with grey and red bikes on it. Love it. 



Plain White Onesies
Art pretty much has a uniform - plain long sleeved onesie and pants. Easy for nappy changing, and easy to match with all of his clothes. I buy the Teeny-Weeny ones from Farmers for about $8 each. Whenever they have a sale I stock up on various sizes. Their all in ones are also simple and sweet for bedtime, and not too fussy for nappy changing. Some of those all in ones are a nightmare! 

The Nappy Bag 



I purchased this bag from Glassons for about $40 and it's done well so far as a nappy bag. I decided to just start with a small bag as I know, the bigger the bag, the more crap I'd throw into it. Being smaller I need to repack it often, so I sort through and reorganise what's in there, so I'm always properly stocked before leaving the house. It fits in several swaddles, blankets, spare clothes and my other bits and pieces. The front pockets are the perfect size for nappies and wipes so they are easy to access. 

The Carry Cot


I was fortunate to have a friend who was willing to part with their mountain buggy. She organised to have it cleaned and serviced, and when it was delivered to my place it was like brand new! well worth looking into a second hand pram and just paying the $50 to have it serviced and steam cleaned. 
Because we didn't spend too much on the pram, I decided to buy the carry cot attachment for $200. It's been so handy! He sleeps for hours in that bed, and when we go away for the night it serves as a portable cot. I will be so sad when he doesn't fit in here anymore! 

The Flexi Bath 

We don't have a bath in our house at the moment, so we got this one which folds up nice and flat for easy storage when not in use. When you're lacking in storage space, it's great! It's easy to throw into the car if we are going away for the night. Art LOVES his bath. 



There are so many more things  - but they're the stand outs. His moses basket and rocking stand were a great buy as well. He has nearly outgrown his basket...nearly time for the big boy cot. 







No comments:

Post a Comment