Saturday, March 31, 2012

Vegan Adventures...

Hi I'm Mads.

As my sister posted last week I will now be featuring on her blog giving an insight into any crazy adventures I am having. In a nutshell, I'm 23, I live with 5 people in a very crazy house in Sydney and half the things I do make my sister question if we are related.

Anyway to start off I have recently started researching and reading about 'Wholefoods' and all of the amazing things you can make with the simplest ingredients. The basic idea is to eliminate any refined sugars and flours and also dairy products. Through my searching I came across these pancakes that looked delicious and easy to make.

I basically did this....

  1. Threw 1/3 cup of walnuts and 2/3 cup of rolled oats in a food processor for a few minutes (each separately) until i got a floury looking substance 
  2. Mixed that in a bowl with a pinch of salt and baking soda 
  3. Combined 1 very ripe banana, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2/3 cup nut milk  and 2 tsp. maple syrup in the food processor and then mixed all that into the dry mix. 
  4. Let all that sit for about 30 minutes then cook them in a frying pan as you would a normal pancake



The result is different.....but very very yummy and they don't leave you feeling sick and bloated like a normal pancake would. Watch this space for my next endeavor, chocolate mousse made from avocados...

Cute 'Lil sis, I might need to give these a go. Did Mr C like them too? I'm too lazy to ever make pancakes and things for weekend breakfasts, but these look a lot better than the toast I had this morning. - Big sis. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment