Friday, September 14, 2012

Grab a snack...

Taking another baby break here... just brief though!... you know I'm addicted to him right?

I thought we'd change the subject to food, since we all eat it. I found when I was at home, I struggled to come up with ideas of what to eat when I needed a snack or a light, easy to make lunch. It's too tempting to leave the house and walk to one of the many local cafes in the area.
That can be a rather expensive habit, so I've had to explore a few other options. With Mr D popping home for lunch most days, we like fast, tasty lunches that don't take too long to prepare, so we can play with Baby Arthur.

Here's three things I'm loving at the moment.

Bruschetta.
So quick and easy to prepare and a great way to use up bits and pieces in the fridge. I call it bruschetta, but it really is just toasted Ciabatta with a variety of toppings.
There are a few toppings I love...
1/ Cherry tomatoes (or very ripe Italian vine tomatoes), melted parmesan, fresh basil
2/ Rocket, shaved fresh parmesan cheese, drizzled with some balsamic vinegar, rock salt
3/ Salami, melted cheese, tomatoes, fresh basil
4/ Buffalo mozzarella, basil, tomato, drizzled with balsamic vinegar



Loaf Slice
I'm officially addicted to this muesli slice from Loaf. A small piece is really filling and has been great for a really fast snack just before feeding Art to keep my energy levels up. It is so delicious! I buy mine from Farro Fresh, but I'm sure they have many stockists.


For winter lunches, this is great. We share one packet of soup between the two of us which is plenty. Served with some freshly toasted bread... It always hits the spot. I love the Kumara flavour. These are about $5 sometimes on special at the supermarket, so a really inexpensive lunch for two people. 





Now I'm hungry...




No comments:

Post a Comment