Thursday, September 6, 2012

The First Month


We've spent four weeks so far getting to know each other. I stare at him often, amazed at how this perfect little human grew inside of me. It blows my mind. 

Every day is different, and brings with it new highs and lows, and new challenges. As time is progressing I'm learning more, and growing more patient and accepting of the challenges this motherhood thing throws at you. 



We've started introducing a bit of routine to encourage a little more sleepy time and less Mr Grizzle time. So far so good. I know this 'routine' (trying to use that term very loosely here), will change often, but this morning was so successful that I hope we can have a few more nights and mornings like it. 

We just started working with the pattern he had sort of self established and tweaked it a little bit to suit us as well. A great thing about this routine is that I'm only up once at about 2ish to feed him in the night, after the final 10.30-11pm feed, and then up again at 6.30, so I don't feel absolutely sleep deprived. I'm able to feed him at 6.30, pass him over to Daddy for playtime in bed, and then have time to myself! Shower, wash my hair, apply moisturisers, get dressed.. eat breakfast... put on washing, feel human... It's the best! Thanks Art for co-operating today... please keep it up. 

He stirs... time to feed... 



No comments:

Post a Comment