Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Rainy Weekends

The rain forced us indoors most of the weekend... which I didn't mind, because it made me tidy my house and meant we got to stay in our PJs until lunchtime ( I love Mr D's Pjs, courtesy of his 7 year old brother)


We moved rooms recently from downstairs to upstairs where it is warmer and drier. This meant I had to move my "wall montage".

I like framed pictures on walls because you can always interchange the images in the frames and create new looks. I also use Command Adhesive wall velcro (best stuff ever!) which means you can pull the frame off to easily to change the pic without stuffing the wall or needing to buy more sticker strips.

This was my original montage above our bed. (sorry pic taken on phone).



Then I moved my picture collection upstairs. I was more limited to using nails that were already in the wall (don't think the 3M stuff will work so well on the wood)... which can only go in the gaps between beams. I had to get creative. Some of the smaller frames are just stuck on using blue tack.... shhhh don't tell anybody.

While I was moving the pictures I swapped out some photos for different ones.


The photos are mostly of France for some reason.. apart from the wedding one obviously.
I have alot of room to expand my collection of images. That's why I love a wall montage... it can just sprawl across the wall over time.

I made this picture for valentines day which didn't show in the photo.

I made Mr D wear a blindfold and stamp his thumb on the card. It was difficult. He is the blue print and I am the purpley colour. Together it should make a heart, but our stamping wasn't very good and we only had one shot at it. I printed his wedding band inscription below.
In the end I decided to keep it imperfect and frame it anyway. I wrestled with the perfection demons....

I could go into how this imperfect image is the perfect analogy for a balanced relationship but I'll spare you.
(Just for the record, we never spend money on valentines gifts but I got inspired by seeing this on a blog but their one is perfect... damn. I bet their partner wasn't blindfolded or using slimy acrylic paint though right?)

While I'm on the subject of valentines day sweetness however I would like to show you the flowers he brought me the other day (he's going to kill me for sharing this). Not only did he volunteer to go and do the food shopping he brings me home flowers! Feeling rather lucky right now.


Note: the losing lotto ticket from last Saturday night by the bedside table, reminding us we have to actually get out of bed and go to work to earn a living. One can dream though right?

Did you notice Mr Ted peeping in the corner of the shot? Mr D's childhood toy. He has sat on beds for over quarter of a century. Lucky him.

He looks well loved.

Next post : Inspiration for wall art... check back soon.


2 comments:

  1. I love Ted. My Dad stil has his ted from when he was a kid so nearing 60 years!!! Ted only has one eye and has lost most of his hair but my dad stil loves him.

    ReplyDelete