Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Simple Truths


I love Dr Seuss quotes. They are so simple. My husband showed me this side of Dr Suess about 3 years ago at our wedding when he quoted one in his vows.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

You don't want to know what my quote was!!! so lame in comparison, but he got dibs on this quote first.

Ever since then I have wanted to put his quotes in big posters around my house. But given that I am married to an artist who has first say over what adorns our walls, I am yet to hang one of these gems.

Maybe in my office...

Speaking of posters... came across these recently, which I thought were quite a simple idea. Just need some fabric, thread and a good quote...
The designer used font from an old book to trace around onto the canvas to get the lettering looking good.

I presume the top and bottom has a pocket like feature to allow for a wooden rod to give it weight for hanging. Can't see me finding the time to do this anytime soon, so I think that is all the presuming I will do for now.

If anyone makes something like this can you email me a picture?
ifreakenloveyou at gmail dot com

thanks




Made by UK Graphic Designer Gergana Plummer

1 comment: