Thursday, May 20, 2010

A blog about fog

Monday through to Friday, I drive to work and back again like most normal people. It can become rather mundane.

So sometimes I change the route I take depending on the weather or my mood or what bus stop I have to collect my public transport master husband from.

In summer I take the shortest route possible so I can make the most of warm summer nights at the beach, sitting on the deck, catching up with friends, wine in one hand, "chups and dup" in the other, and enjoying a 10.30pm bbq dinner.

In Autumn (now) I'm not in such a rush, the sun will be down before I get home, so I take the slightly longer route. The sun setting on the orange and yellow grape vines is pretty spectacular and unfortunately we passed up every photo opportunity that presented itself to us this season...

"oh wow... look how beautiful it is... we should stop and take a photo... oh no I don't have the camera... oooooh damn,  well tomorrow we will stop and take a photo".

We never stopped and now I stare at the barren vines with regret.

If we stopped maybe I could have a picture like this:


BUT. This post does have a happy ending, because even though most of the leaves have fallen, the morning fogs are now hanging around. AND to top it all off, I actually had my camera in the car yesterday morning, so although I think I looked a bit strange at 7am parked up on the side of the road in Riverhead and taking pictures out of my window and traffic lights of fog... I hope you agree it was worth it.





I decided to look up what that message on the fish and chip shop was referring to and found this:
  
Revelation 18:4 (New International Version)
Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Now is it just me, or is this message actually saying - " dont' go into this fish and chip shop because you will get fat and it has a really bad health rating, so you'll probably get sick"

Thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. haha, I definitely think that is the underlying message.. ;) That or there is some other business venture going on at the corner at night time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so worth it, those are gorgeous photo!!

    ReplyDelete