Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm not going to waste any....

After I made my mums bag I had some fabric leftover... quite a bit of fabric actually but all in weird shapes. It was sitting in my sewing basket just staring at me... "saying come on... get creative, I'm 30 bux a metre...."

So while we were watching Survivor - 2 hour episode! I made an apron. After Survivor I made Mr. take pictures of my new apron modeling whisks and spatulas (as you would normally do at 9.30 on a Thursday night). I'm not sure when I would wear this... as I don't cook. And I don't think it is really a masculine style!
 You can see in the picture how I have sewn the scraps together to make one big piece. I tried to introduce pleating at the top but I didn't really succeed. I would love to add some sort of frill to the bottom but Survivor finished and I was done with this project.

One day soon I'll upload some instructions on how I make these things (my way) in case anyone is interested.

If you're interested in a brief history of the "pinny" read this. It's rather enlightening.

Pic from here

No comments:

Post a Comment