Saturday, May 22, 2010

Poor winter... don't worry, I like you.

Winter gets a hard time from people  I think, especially those diehard summer supporters. I feel a bit sorry for winter.

I actually don't mind winter, apart from the getting up in the dark, getting home in the dark aspect.

I like being able to wear lots of layers, winter coats and tights and I get to hide my pasty legs. I like big chunky warm scarves, and I like the fact that my nana in-law likes to make them for me!

I like sitting around the fire singing singstar with the in-laws at their house by the river after a day at the snow and frequent road trips to the mountain with friends on a Friday after work....

I like dunking fresh bread into big bowls of homemade soup.

I like it when the cats get cold and snuggle under the blankets on Saturday mornings...

I could go on... because there are so many reasons why I like winter... I think people just see the gray skys and feel the cold, and hunker down waiting for a sign that it's ending, reassuring themselves that "this will all be over soon"...

Speaking of winter... there a few winter styles that I am liking the look of, and fortunately in Auckland it doesn't get too cold so we can still get away with tights, instead of burry, saggy long johns.

I like the grey socks and boots on the end.
holliefernando
lookbook.nu

This pic reminded me of a not so fashion forward self in NY last year - freeeeeeeeeeezing my a** off. I had 2 pairs of tights on a 6 layers...
Look how cold I am.


I'd wear this with tights....I like her shoes...
vanessajackman


lookbook.nu

lookbook.nu

lookbook.nu

Time for a cup of soup... It's cold and I'm wishing I had a log fire.

2 comments: